My Morning Routine: Powerful Affirmations For An Incredible Day
Positive affirmations have been most beneficial to me throughout my mindfulness journey and ongoing research into mental health. Many ‘spiritual gurus’ such as Dr Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra emphasise the many benefits of repetitive affirmations that set us up for an incredible day, but what is their true purpose and how can we implement them into our morning routines?
What Are Positive Affirmations?
For those of us who are new to the concept of positive affirmations, in short, they are particular words and or phrases that you chose, that make you feel happier, grateful and or describe the person that you truly want to become. The intention behind positive affirmations is to repeat them until you believe them, thus making them true.
Do Positive Affirmations Work?
Ongoing research into neuroplasticity has shown that the brain is a creature of habit and on average it takes the brain 26 days to develop a new habit. We also know, that our emotions impact our definition of every word that we use and those words then impact our behaviours. Repeating positive affirmations daily, or when reminded, can, in fact, change old habits, however, there is a process in which we must follow to make sure they are making a subconscious change.
My Morning Routine and Affirmations:
As soon as I open my eyes in the morning, like most people, I am still in a sleep-like state which is the most effective time/state to implement affirmations because aside from our dream state, it is the time when we are least resistant i.e we are relaxed, slightly unaware of our surroundings and not focussed on other tasks, thoughts or actions.
In science, the path of least resistance is the physical or metaphorical pathway that provides the least resistance to forward motion and ultimately, the intention behind using affirmations correctly, is so we can progress in life and improve who we are or our surroundings.
I try and utilise this moment by focussing on an emotion that makes me feel joy, gratitude or happiness and there are two ways that we can do this. Firstly, we can ask ourselves mindfully, for a memory that brings about that chosen emotion. Secondly, if like me, you are more in tune with your emotions, I conjure up the feelings of love and allow myself too observe that emotion flowing throughout my body.
Once I really feel into that emotion, I begin my affirmations which are mostly said mindfully, however, you can say them out loud if it helps you better.
I usually chose feelings of love because it is the highest vibration i.e we all emit an energetic vibration and the lighter we feel in our physical, emotional and mental bodies, the more we can experience our own power, clarity, peace, love and joy.
Once I feel surrounded by that emotion I use the following affirmations:
- I love my body, because it is healthy and allows me to walk, run, do yoga, move how I want, it is strong and it heals itself perfectly.
- I love that my days are filled with joy, love and beauty.
- I love that I can choose my emotions.
- I love that my friends, family and loved ones are only a phone call away and that I get so much support and appreciation from them.
- I love that every person I meet, I learn from them and bring in a positive experience.
- I love that every moment gives me the opportunity to feel grateful, to experience love, blessings and happiness.
- I love that every experience furthers my spiritual journey.
- I love that I get the opportunity to be kind.
- I love that I am confident, brave and motivated.
- I love that ideas and inspiration come to me often.
- I love that my life is filled with abundance and prosperity and I can do whatever it is I want.
- I love that I love myself and the person that I am in this moment.
- I love that I am blessed with everything I could ever need or want in this lifetime.
- I love that I have found my community online and have created a website that allows me to fulfil my soul purpose.
- I am grateful that I recognise my inner power and use it for good.
- I am grateful for the love, happiness and joy.
These are a selection of the positive affirmations that I use that make sure I have the most incredible day. Even when something occurs that is not what I would like to experience, instead of choosing to feel upset, angry or frustrated, I take a step back and remind myself that I can choose how I want to emotionally respond and by doing so, I am not only breaking the old habit or pattern of behavior but I chose an emotion that makes sure whatever has happened negatively, does not impact my entire day.
In time, this will become easier and easier and before you know it, you will do this without thinking. During the first 26 days or so, it may seem as if everything is testing you or that things are falling apart but remember, this is truly a blessing and an opportunity to chose gratitude because like attracts like, vibrationally, meaning what is not compatible with your chosen feelings and affirmations, will fall away and lead you to experiences and opportunities that match your new vibration.
Be patient with yourself, it is a discipline that will last a lifetime and feels great to do, it has certainly impacted my life in the best possible way and I look forward to hearing your experiences on social media or via the comments section below.
If you are at the beginning stages of your mindfulness journey and need help with the basics, then these following blogs will be of great use to you:
Sending you all love and light