Raspberries have incredible health benefits that we can incorporate into our everyday life with these family-friendly juice recipes and specifically, raspberry leaf tea.
Since committing myself to re-establishing a more balanced, organic diet, I have been researching various fruits and vegetables that greatly improve our heart, gut and mental health state
Have you discovered these simple raspberry based recipes that will make a significant difference to you and your families health yet?
Raspberry Juice Benefits & Recipe
We are often fooled by smoothies and shakes that claim to be very healthy for us, that we do not read what is actually in these drinks. I have found that invariably the smoothies I love, are just packed with sugar and anything that states it has zero % fat in them, are in fact replaced by larger quantities of sugar as well. Therefore, if you can, avoid the marketing and just go straight to the ingredients. It takes around 2 weeks for your body to stop craving sugar, as we all know, it is very addictive but for women, we should consume less than 6 tablespoons of sugar a day and for men, it should be less than 9 tablespoons.
With that being said, I have been consuming such a low sugar diet, that I now can’t even drink a whole glass of Coca-Cola or Fanta because I find it ridiculously sweet. I am not interested in diets, I just want to be feeding my body what it needs in order to work as effectively as possible and for someone who needs a lot of bullying into drinking water, this raspberry juice is one of my favourite drinks and can’t wait for you to try it for yourself.
Benefits of Raspberries:
- Raspberries contain ellagic acid which is an anti-oxidant such as Vitamin C, quercetin and gallic acid that fight against cancer, are a natural anti-inflammatory. They contain anthocyanin which prevents heart circulatory disease and are proven to prevent age-related decline.
- Getting sick a lot or constantly burdened by allergies? Raspberries are a natural immune system booster that improves our bodies ability to fight off disease and respond faster to allergies, making our bodies stronger and healthier.
- Drinking raspberry juice or consuming the fruit itself, can help your bowel movements become more regular, add vital nutrients to your food and improve digestion.
- They are rich in Vitamin B, C and K which are incredibly important for maintaining good bone health.
- Raspberries help rid the body of free radicals and can heal the body much faster. They also improve the hormone production in the body and maintain it at a healthier level which is key to our overall well-being.
- For all I will never encourage anyone to lose weight unless instructed to do so by a medical professional, raspberries are proven to help with weight-loss as they speed up our metabolic rate by improving our fat metabolism in the body.
My Simple Raspberry Juice Recipe:
Tip: Preferably buy raspberries from your local market or from a place that keeps them as fresh as possible. Personally, I try to avoid frozen fruits as they are picked when ripe, they are then frozen and coated with sugar in order to prevent spoiling whereas the fresh fruit you buy from a farmers market, are often hand-picked before they are ripe which means that by the time you consume them, they are at their best. In supermarkets, they are coated with chemicals to further prevent spoiling.
- 1 – 2 cups of raspberries.
- Place into a blender or bowl, with 1/2 a cup of water (I prefer sparkling water).
- Either blend on high for a few seconds until the consistency is to your preference or mash the raspberries in a bowl and then whisk with the water.
- You can either put a strainer over a mixing bowl and strain the juice through the strainer in order to remove the pulp or simply pour the blended mix directly into a glass.
Raspberry Leaf Tea Benefits:
- Raspberry leaf tea is great for women who experience painful menstruation and doubles as a uterine tonic.
- If you have recently given birth, drinking a cup of Raspberry leaf tea can also improve the flow of milk.
Raspberyleaf tea and raspberries in general, can also ease the pain from burns and tone up the skin and due to those anti-oxidants, can help you fight acne if applied directly to the skin.
- They also control LDL cholesterol and support healthy eyes and gums.
Shop my Recommended Products:
Did you know of these benefits and recipes? Let me know what you have found a must have on your health journey in the comments section below.
Sending you good health and love.